Photo 1: People waiting in line for food and water in Chinatown, where they are still without power and running water.
Photo 2: Hurricane shelter in Harlem.
Activist/Street Photographer Jenna Pope
-Hurricane Sandy Relief – Useful Links-
Many people have been asking me how they can help those in NYC after Hurricane Sandy. So far I have come across one article with a bunch of useful links, but there are A LOT of links on there, and it’s a bit cluttered. Since almost all of my friends are activists, I will post links to help people get plugged into the Occupy Sandy efforts.
- If you live in/near NYC and want to volunteer, click here for general info, including volunteer/drop off locations.
- If you live in/near NYC and want more info on specific volunteer opportunities, click here.
- If you want to volunteer in the Lower East Side, Manhattan, click here.
- If you want to volunteer in Red Hook, Brooklyn, click here.
- If you want to volunteer in Staten Island, click here.
- If you want to volunteer in Astoria, Queens, click here.
- If you want to sign up to volunteer (not necessary, but sometimes helpful), click here.
- If you simply want to donate towards the relief fund, click here.
- Follow @OccupySandy on twitter.
- Use the hashtags #SandyVolunteer and/or #SandyAid for twitter.
- “Like” the Occupy Sandy Relief NYC page on Facebook.